Get Aggressive Legal Representation to Tackle Your Tax and Foreclosure Troubles
Isn't it interesting how one letter can turn your life upside down in an instant?
- You don't file or pay your taxes for a few years, when you suddenly receive some intimidating mail from the IRS one day. Are they really going to seize your bank account? Will you have to leave your family and go to jail? What does "Final Notice of Intent to Levy" even mean?
- You've always paid your mortgage on time for over a decade, but the past few months were a little tough financially, so you missed a couple payments. You thought you had time and even applied for a modification, but a stern foreclosure notice from your bank that came the other day is saying otherwise. You've been trying to work things out with the bank, so why is this fair?
None of these letters is exactly as it seems. Contrary to their terrifying wording, you do have options and you can fix this.
At the Jersey City and Manhattan offices of Fazzio Law, we make sure you have a fighting chance at getting your life back in order when you're having trouble with taxes or an impending foreclosure. Our team is willing to go the distance for your case; we love a challenge and even if you think the odds are not stacked in your favor, we will fight until they are. Call us today at 855-743-0262 for a free consultation.
Hudson County Tax Attorneys: Back Taxes, Audits, Sales Tax, Employment Tax and Criminal Tax
When you're having legal troubles with taxes, the time to call your accountant for help has already passed. You're at the point where you need a team of tax attorneys on your side, and Fazzio Law has just the group to help you. Attorney John Fazzio, the owner of Fazzio Law, isn't just a lawyer—he also has an L.L.M. in Taxation from the premier doctoral tax program in the world, the New York University LLM in Taxation Program. His combination of tax knowledge and keen negotiation and presentation skills makes him a true force in the courtroom.
Fazzio Law Offices is available to assist you with many different types of New York City and Bergen County tax cases:
- Back Tax Cases. If you have received a letter from the IRS or state government identified as a "Final Notice of Intent to Levy," you need to contact our law office right now because this requires immediate action. If you have not received this letter yet, but you have years of unfiled tax returns or a change in financial circumstances (positive or negative) that may have an impact on past or future IRS debt, we can help you figure out what needs to happen next.
- Audit Cases. If the IRS has contact you regarding an audit or to request more information about your tax return, we can make sure everything goes smoothly.
- Sales Tax Cases. If the state thinks you underreported your sales taxes, this can be very serious because you're on the hook personally for the unpaid tax. Contact an experienced Bergen County tax attorney immediately
- Trust Fund Recovery (Employment Tax) Cases. Huge amounts of money can be at stake in these cases if you are a business owner who failed to pay the employer portion of the Employment Tax.
- Criminal Tax Cases. Most criminal tax cases involve a "willful evasion" of tax or lying to tax authorities. If you suspect that your case may have a criminal component, contact Fazzio Law right away. The IRS has about a 97 percent conviction rate on these cases, so it's important to have a strong defense in place.
Foreclosure Representation for New Jersey and New York Homeowners
You worked hard to buy your home and you should never give it up without a fight. Many of our foreclosure clients have tried to work things out to come into good standing on their mortgage, but were misled and mistreated by the bank. Unfortunately, this is a story we hear all too often: you fell behind on payments briefly, tried to get on track, and were told to apply for modifications. You spent months sending in packages that the bank never reviewed. Now you find, unexpectedly, that a court action is underway to take away your home.
We know that foreclosure is a very personal matter; we’ve even dealt with it in our own lives as well. For one of our attorneys, it hit a little too close to home when his dad was facing foreclosure. He took his father on as his very first foreclosure client and ultimately saved his house. We do not believe in a "no win" case; whatever happens, we will find an option you can live with. This may mean:
- Modifying your loan or paying down the arrears
- Getting you into a listing agreement to sell your property, with the bank's approval
- Accepting that you will lose your house, but getting favorable terms and "cash for keys" deals and sufficient time to look for a new home
Every case is different and we tailor our approach to your goals rather than employing a cookie-cutter, one-size-fits-all solution to what is actually a complex problem.
Tax and Foreclosure Lawyers Who Specialize in the "Impossible"
At Fazzio Law, we like to say that we "specialize in the impossible" because when we take on a case, we dedicate ourselves to it completely. We are fighters, not just attorneys, and we fight for your rights and will put our careers on the line to make sure the scales are balanced and truth sees the light of day. This is your life we're talking about, after all.
Call Fazzio Law Offices today at 855-743-0262 for a completely free consultation. No client will leave our office unarmed, whether you decide to hire us or not. In your consultation we will make sure you know where you stand, what your options are, and what you need to do next. Call us today at 855-743-0262.