Go to navigation Go to content
Toll-Free: (855) 743-0262
Phone: (201) 529-8024
Fazzio Law Offices

Tax Court - How to Take the IRS to Court Without an Attorney

If you have received a statutory Notice of Deficiency - Form CP3219A - that you owe a tax debt, you have 90-days to file a Petition to US Tax Court and take the IRS to Court. Alternatively, if you had your pay garnished or wages levied and the IRS seized your property, after you tried to workout an alternative settlement, then you can also challenge that collection decision. In all of these cases, you have a pathway to the courthouse and have due process rights to your "Day in Court." But, what do you do on that day?